Friday, November 4, 2011

Day #4-Keith

Today, I am thankful for my husband. We have known each other for more then 18 years, and have been married for more then 16 years. We met when I was living in Des Moines with my brother and his wife, Barb. Keith and Barb worked together. I would go with Todd and Barb to some work functions and would see Keith there. We would talk a little. And then I would see him at church, too! (That's a great thing to be able to tell people...we met at church!!)






Shortly after we met, he announced that he had taken a new job and was moving away from Des Moines. So...I asked him out!! (I couldn't keep waiting for HIM to ask ME out!) He said yes and we met for drinks that very night, and the rest is history!! We've had our ups and downs, but at the end of the night, I'm glad that it's him snoring on the couch--like he is as I'm typing this!




I know 3 guys who are also thankful for their Dad. They (and I!) love the time they can spend together playing catch in the yard, or talking about what was in the Sports section of the paper, or on ESPN. When the kids were little, one of my favorite things was to watch him walk off to the bathroom with all 3 of them when we were out to eat. Since I am the only girl, I would enjoy the few minutes alone with a little giggle! I love watching Keith sitting between them at church...helping them to follow along, understand things, and sometimes just running interference so they don't get into trouble!! He is such a great example of a Christian Dad. It does my heart good to watch them together!


I am just so grateful that Keith and I are going through this crazy thing called life....together!!


I Love You, Keith!!

1 comment: