Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day #17-7 weeks!

Trevor is home sick today. I brought him home yesterday after I went to volunteer in his classroom and he looked at me with some sad eyes and was holding his head sort of funny. I've seen that look many times. Keith doesn't recognize it, but a Mommy knows her child. "You don't feel good, do you?".....No. "Do you want to come home?"......Yes. I took him down to the nurse and sure enough....he had "the fever." So, I packed him up and brought him home.

Last year he had "the fever" a lot. Every 2 weeks to be exact and it lasted 3-5 days. He missed A LOT of school. I was ready for the truancy officer at my door but they never did show up. He never had anything else with "the fever." No runny nose. No cough. No upset stomach. And nobody else ever got it. It was the weirdest thing! Towards spring he stretched out his time to 3 weeks, then 4 weeks, but I still didn't feel right about it all so I took him to the doctor during one of his fevers over the summer. He didn't think that there was anything to worry about but they tested him for something called "frequent fever syndrome." It's just what it sounds like...frequent fevers, and no other symptoms. Well, that came back negative and we were told "you are just this lucky." Right. Lucky.

This is his second fever of the school year. The last one was 7 weeks ago.

So, as odd as it may sound....today, even though he is sick, I am thankful for Trevor making it 7 weeks between fevers! It's always good to be thankful for little victories! (Lisa and Renee....he has over taken my Kindle! Even if it is just to do a word search!)

No comments:

Post a Comment