Saturday, May 8, 2010

State Middle School Track Meet

My 13 year old nephew, Luke, ran in the 4x800 relay this morning at the state middle school track meet. Lucky for Aunt Heidi, it was held right here in Gilbert! The temps this morning were in the 40's with pretty strong winds. Not exactly the most ideal track conditions. Cale, Jared and I went to watch him run while Keith took Trevor into Ames for his soccer game. Luke and his teamates from Grinnell came in 5th. and frankly I thought they looked great! I'm pretty certain I would've barfed half way around the track the first time, let alone 2 times around! Nice job, guys! I'm so happy when Luke and his sister have activities close by so we can watch them! (For the record, the 7th. graders from Gilbert came in first.) Luke is the one in orange in these pictures.....







2 comments:

  1. Hey...look at those pictures :) We sat at baseball for two consecutive games this morning - WAY TOO COLD FOR ME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keith and Cale should be coming home any minute from Cale's game. They didn't even argue when I asked if the rest of us could stay home. Actually, I think Keith was jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete