Friday, May 7, 2010

Kindergarten Funnies

Trevor only has one month left of kindergarten. His teacher's name is Mrs. Bonthuis. All 3 of the boys have been lucky enough to have Mrs. B. A little backround is that Mrs. B is from Coon Rapids....just like Keith. Mrs. B and Keith have known each other since they were kids. The Jensen's have been very blessed to pull off the "triple crown" of having all 3 boys in her class. She loves her kids like they were her very own. She keeps us all very informed with not only what is happening in her room, but also the funny things that she over hears during the the day. Here are a few of the bits of emails I've gotten recently. They are too good not to share!

*The rumor today (after lots of money discussions in math) is that Bella's dad has a THOUSAND dollars in his bank account. I've had several kids come up and say "do you think that is really true?" Just passing it along in case anyone needs a loan. :)

*There is a certain shade of marker they call "Lazor Lemon" (it looks like yellow to me) If you happen to get that marker, you are the luckiest person ever. Everyone looks at it longingly and if you brag about it too much, Mrs. B throws it in the garbage:)

*In the block area, when they are building castles...the inhabitants of the castle often have "two hour delays" before they can start "castle-ing" (That email came during the height of the snow this winter...can you tell?)

*Everyone cheers for math like I'm announcing a party or something.

*When they get their milk at snack, there is a letter "r" or "c" somewhere hidden on the carton, and they all spend the first 5 minutes of snack finding that letter and saying "I'm a cop!" (for c) or "I'm a robber!" (for r) It would last longer, but it makes Mrs. B's head hurt after awhile and I tell them to stop and eat their snack.

*I always hear the best discussions while kids are painting or playing playdough. Today's conversation (and I'm not naming names!)..."My dad can fix a computer!"......"MY dad can fix a car!"...."MY dad can fix ANYTHING!"......"My dad can fix...um...a sandwich." :)

*(An email sent the day before Thanksgiving)...When we sit around our table at my Dad's tomorrow and say what we are thankful for...you all will be at the top of my list. Thanks for such a great class and everything you all do to make my job so much easier. I Love My Job!

We can tell, Mrs. B! And all your kids, and their families love you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment