Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pujols, Mauer....Jensen

Sunday morning, Trevor sat down at the computer to fill out his ballot for the MLB All-Star game. It is something he was very serious about. He had tried it last week, but when it got to his birthday he had no idea that he should be 18, so he filled in his own birthday...January 10, 2004. Well, the computer shut him down. We were both heart broken when I figured out what had happened because he worked so hard and long on. I told him that we would do it again later, and he could use my birthday.

So, he went at it again on Sunday. Keith sat down with him and I could hear some real discussion going on regarding batting averages, and on base percentages, and home runs. He got it all finished and put in Keith's birthday. With 25 allowable votes, I then helped him vote each time because you had to enter that crazy security code that you see when you do things online....with EACH vote!

As I was finishing up, I glanced at his choices for both the American League and the National League....Albert Pujols, Yadier Molina, Joe Mauer, Alex Rodriguez....they all made sense. I got to the bottom of both lists and it said "Write-In" which allowed you to vote for someone not on the ballot, but you thought should be. Both lists said "Trevor Jensen." I started laughing and asked if he was hoping to make the roster. He looked a little embarrassed and told me that he thought that was suppose to be the person "writing it all in"! Well of coarse! It made perfect sense!! It didn't stop me from having the best belly laugh I have had in awhile! So sweet, so innocent!

So, if you are voting for the MLB All-Star game and you get to the write in vote...consider putting Trevor in. He's already got 25 votes! He could be the first person to ever go from T-ball one year to the All-Star Game the next year!!

2 comments: