Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy Birthday, Abby!

Today is the 17th. birthday of my niece--

ABIGAIL KAY

I just couldn't wait to become an Aunt. I had waited for her for a long time. She was so very loved before we ever laid eyes on her. Before we even knew if she was boy or girl. I was the first person my brother called after Abby was born. (I even beat out the Grandparents!!) After about 18 hours of labor, he called around 12:30 AM to tell me all about her. I remember saying a quick prayer through some tears that everyone was safe.

This is the first time I met her. She was about 12 hours old:
She was such a cutie when she was small, and has grown into a beautiful woman...both inside and out!





Here she is at this year's prom. She was absolutely S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G.!! I wasn't able to see her in person, so she texted me her picture, and I got choked up! She took my breath away. Blake was one lucky guy!! I am CERTAIN that she was the prettiest one there!





Happy Birthday, Abby Girl! Your Aunt Heidi is so proud of the lovely young lady that you have become. You simply light up a room when you walk in. No matter where your dreams take you in this world, you will most definitely make an impact. And don't ever forget that I will always be one of your biggest fans! I LOVE YOU!!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post Heidi! Now I've ruined my make-up before heading out to work with the tears streaming down my face!

    ReplyDelete