Thursday, May 19, 2011

Track and Field Day

Yesterday was Track and Field Day in Gilbert. It involves the kids in grades 4-6. This was Jared's first year, and he was a little apprehensive and nervous. Mostly, he was worried about making it from one event to the next. Jared has always been my worrier. He always needs to know what is happening next and all the details that go with it.

He was in 2 events....the discuss and the 4x100. The discuss started at 11:45. I told Keith to be there at 11:30. Keith showed up at 12:30 and was right on time! Jared still hadn't had his turn, and he was getting a little concerned that he would miss his running event, but he had plenty of time. I'm not 100% sure of what his exact distance was for the discuss, but I heard 25 ft., and some odd inches. He threw and then walked off to the track, he didn't even really want to know what he threw....he just wanted to make sure he got to the track on time.

He looks pretty good considering right before he threw, he got hit by a discuss thrown by another 4th. grader. I had just told him to move over so he wouldn't get hit....and then he got hit. If Mom had left him where he was, he would've been fine! Whoops!! It hit him above the hip (after I screamed his name! I had visions of it hitting him upside the head!!) and he threw his hands up and said "I'm OK!! I'm good!!" I think he was more embarrassed then anything.



I don't think that I've heard the final time on his 4x100. He had the last leg and is the one that crossed the finish line for his team.




I may not be a big fan of track, but it was a beautiful day to sit outside. Not to mention, my friend, Tina and I have made it a tradition in the past years to go out for breakfast before we go watch our boys. Good conversation and food is a great bonus!!


No comments:

Post a Comment