Monday, October 10, 2011

Let a New Week Begin!!

A new week is starting, and I can't wait. Last week was a good one to get over with. This next week HAS to be better!

**My parents filled me in about my Uncle Frank (Dad's brother) that was in a head on collision back in July. If you remember, a car crossed the center line and hit my uncle's car head on. He was severely injured and my aunt was killed. After almost 2 months, he has been cleared to drive. My parents were there to take him to the doctor and helped him get an old car to run well enough for now. A few days after Mom and Dad left, Frank went to a follow up appointment about some blood work and other tests. Frank has now been diagnosed with prostate cancer. Really?! He's been widowed and will now have to do radiation all by himself. Seems like he's had his fair share of things to deal with....and it's not over yet.

**Last week my brother made 2 visits to the ER, within 3 days, for a kidney stone. They just couldn't get his pain regulated. The second trip got him an IV which seemed to help speed up the process. It was homecoming in Grinnell last week, and he was just trying to enjoy all of the activities...parade, Luke's football game, Abby's powder puff game, Abby's last homecoming to cheer for, coronation. We are thankful that he was feeling better before Abby and Luke had to be ready for the Homecoming dance.

**Keith had an odd mole on the back of his head...in his scalp. I had been after him for a couple of months to have it looked at. We always forgot until he got another haircut and we could see it again. I finally made an appointment for him and he had it biopsied a couple of weeks ago. He went back on Friday to have the staple removed and to find out that it was indeed basal cell carcinoma. The doctor told him that it was the form of skin cancer that "everyone else has." Maybe so, but I didn't think that HE needed to have it, too. They said that it contains to the one spot, and we are thankful that it isn't a more serious form. And for the record I'm still waiting to hear: "Thanks, Heidi for making me go in. I should've listened to you a couple of months ago." But he's a guy, so I'm not holding my breath waiting for it. I am just glad that he did go!

**My parents have some really good friends that live close to them named Roger and Mitzi. Their son is 49 and has advanced brain cancer. In fact, Mom just told me yesterday that they have found more spots on his brain. They also have a daughter who is 41. She moved back in with her parents around the first of the year and has mental illness issues. Well, Mom called me on Saturday to tell me that Roger and Mitzi had been to Ankeny to visit their son on Friday. They came home in the late afternoon and opened their garage door and found that their daughter had hung herself in the garage. Wow. Chances are, they will have to bury 2 of their children (they have 1 other son) within a month or so of each other. That just seems to be more then parents should have to endure. I know that God knows exactly what he is doing, but I just don't see or understand it. I also know that I don't have to understand it...just trust him.

My knees are worn out from praying so hard the last week. Won't you join me?

1 comment:

  1. UGH! Adding more prayers to my list :( I'm sorry to hear about all of this!

    ReplyDelete