Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Brought to Tears

Tuesday night Cale had his last football game and it was in Webster City. More on that some other day. We were driving by a large cemetery when Trevor told me from the back seat that when he died he would like his tombstone shaped like a baseball. I told him that I didn't want to talk about something like that.
I told him that he would be out living me, so I wouldn't have any say in his tombstone. I told him that I would be waiting for him in heaven.

Then Jared said "Yes, Trevor. She will be in heaven saving you a spot on the couch waiting to snuggle with you."

Yes, I will. I will have a spot for all of them.

I got a large lump in my throat and my eyes welled up a bit. I really didn't want to talk about something like that, but I was glad to hear that Jared "gets it."

Love them. <3

1 comment:

  1. Too weird...Carter and I had a similar conversation last week!

    ReplyDelete