Saturday, July 16, 2011

Cale, Little League and my need for a new camera

Cale loves baseball. That's all there is to it. In Gilbert, there is a 7th. grade team that starts play around the time that school gets out. Little League also offered him an opportunity to play during the spring. It was a shortened season and they treated it as sort of a "spring training" for the boys to get prepared for the regular season. He jumped on the chance to start playing games early. (He had already started some drills during an indoor hitting league that started the first of February and met 3 times a week.) This kid was ready to go! My sister-in-law, Teri has a really nice camera compared to my bitty, baby camera. Her son (our nephew) was also playing Little League so I was thankful when the 2 teams played each other so she could get some good shots of Cale, too.


I have one of those really nice cameras on my wish list for fall. All 3 boys have intentions of playing some football this fall and my bitty, baby camera just isn't going to cut it!



I would've never have gotten this shot of him being brushed off of the plate. Love it!





As much as I loved all of the pictures that she took, this last one is my favorite. First of all, I'm a huge fan of photos from the back, and that is Cale walking to the plate. What makes it even better is the catcher. The catcher is his cousin, Garret. Cale and Garret were born just 19 days apart, (and Cale makes sure you know that HE is older!) they don't live very far apart and it just so happens that their lockers are side by side at school. I love this shot. In fact I have cropped it, enlarged it and framed it for our family room in the basement.



(Hint, Hint Keith! I'm going to be needing one of those nice cameras....sooner then later!)

No comments:

Post a Comment