Friday, July 9, 2010

I'm Back!

I know, I know....it's been awhile. It's been too long. We just got back from 8 days in California, so that explains part of my hiatus. I guess that before we left I was just busy getting ready, I don't really know. I do remember thinking that I needed to get on here, but that never seemed to happen. Here we are in the garage....all ready to load into the car and head to the airport....

CALIFORNIA HERE WE COME......

Our flight left DesMoines on June 29 and we returned on July 7. We stayed in the LA area with my good friend, Jodi. Jodi teaches 5th. grade so she was around to chauffeur us around as needed. We were very lucky to have a place to stay and our personal tour guide or she just let us use her car. Keith was starting to feel comfortable with the big city driving.

We got to the airport and everyone was hungry. Our flight left right before lunch, so that made sense. We had something to eat at the airport. Trevor had already gotten his coloring out, Keith was checking his emails (!!) and Cale was busy texting. (In his defense, I think he was texting Grandma!) Cale told me that he hoped that the plane wouldn't go too fast, but I told him that if it went too slow, it would fall out of the sky. He decided that too fast was probably OK.....


This was the boys' first time on an airplane so everything was very new and exciting to them. It was fun for me to watch them take it all in! I wanted to remember it all, and I wanted them to remember it, too. I let them use the camera if they wanted so they could capture the things that were important to them....not just important to me.

Jodi lives close enough that all we have to do is call as soon as we land and she then leaves her house. Here we are waiting curbside for her. The boys' first few minutes in California!

The boys were required to shower and get ready for bed before they could play Rock Band that night. They thought a several song concert was in order, even if it was late. They all got their turn at doing each thing. We really are searching for the perfect singer yet....if you know what I mean!

LET THE ADVENTURES BEGIN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment