Wednesday, September 21, 2011

First Day Of School

I know, I know...I have slipped back into my bad blogging habits. I am going to try and do better. (I know, you've heard it before!!)

We started back to school on August 18th. Yes, I said WE. I started working part-time this year at the Middle School as a media associate. More on that later....

This picture pose used to turn out so cute. Umm...not so much any more. They get too goofy about it. Oh, well...it shows their true colors...goofy!


This is a little better...everyone has to show what grade they are in.

Cale turned 14 just 10 days after this was taken and he is in 8th. grade. (Yes, we have a plan for when he hits grades 11 and 12!!) He wasn't sold on having his picture taken, but I told him that it's just the way it goes...and I have every intention of hanging out outside of his college dorm room when he starts college. (Keith put his mind at ease by telling him that the dorms are locked and have codes, so he should just not give me the code to get in!) Jared is 10 and started 5th. grade...and moved on to the Middle School!!


Trevor is 7 1/2 (the 1/2 is important!) and started 2nd grade. I told him that I wasn't sure he should wear this particular shirt on his first day, but he didn't seem to think it was a problem. Can you read it? It says "Do you want a peace of this?"--using the peace sign. His picture was harder to take because he kept getting the giggles.

Cale and Jared rode to school with Keith and I walked Trevor to the elementary school. The 2nd graders were suppose to meet in the music room, which is a different drill then it was last year. Trevor sat down quietly, even though he knew everyone there! I happened to turn around and saw his best friend, Birk, quietly walk in. As soon as those 2 made eye contact-all was right in the world again! They are in the same class again this year and couldn't be happier! Birk and Trevor are great friends!!




I, of course, had to have MY picture taken on MY first day of school, too! Here are Jared and I ready for OUR first day of middle school! I work the days that the kids are in school from 12-3:30. I do library things, supervise the computer lab and I am also in charge of 2 study halls--one for 7th. graders and one for 8th. graders. It isn't too bad of a gig. The best part is knowing that I'll be home with them after school, and for holidays, and spring break and of course the SUMMER!!



HERE'S TO A GREAT SCHOOL YEAR...FOR ALL OF US!!

No comments:

Post a Comment