Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Trevor's Thankful For.....

Cale and Jared went home with Keith's parents Monday night. Summer is getting away from us, and they hadn't been to their house at all this summer. They are having fun playing on the high school baseball field in Coon Rapids and swimming. They went to eat at the bowling alley last night and even did some bowling. Keith is bringing them home tonight. Trevor is going next week with his cousin, Maddie.



This left Trevor and I home for these 2 days by ourselves. Yesterday, we ran errands in the HEAT for 6 1/2 hours. He was such a trouper! We got his school supplies bought which was a much more pleasant experience with just one child at a time! Cale even gave us permission to get his things bought. One thing Trevor enjoyed doing was pushing the cart when we were at Target and Sam's Club. Those older boys always seem to take over driving responsibilities with the cart!



We had lunch at Hy-Vee and a mid-afternoon snack at Cold Stone where he discovered Chocolate Cake Batter ice cream with white chocolate chips. When Keith came home we headed out for dinner (Taco John's!) and then he wanted Keith to come to Cold Stone, too. Yes, we went to Cold Stone twice in one day. We are living large here!! (If we keep this up, that could be a literal statement!!)



While we were sitting at Cold Stone with Keith, I mentioned how much I had enjoyed my day with just him and I. He was such a joy all day. Keith admitted he was envious. Trevor then looked at us and said "I'm just thankful to be here. I'm thankful that Mommy decided that she needed 3 boys!" Gosh, he just melted my heart! All along, I just knew that I was the lucky one of the day, and it was so sweet to know that he enjoyed his time as much as I did!!



Today, I think that we'll head to the Iowa State Bookstore to look around and maybe lunch in the Union. Maybe some swimming. Possibly dinner out again. I hear him mentioning Valentino's Pizza and Pasta Buffet. And how can I tell him no??


Could you??


No comments:

Post a Comment