Saturday, March 5, 2011

Job Shadow

On Wednesday, 8th. grade students in Gilbert did some job shadowing for the day. It gave them an idea of what career they may be interested in so they could choose their high school classes with that in mind. Cale is only a 7th. grader, but we talked about it any way. Jared asked me "Sooo..if I wanted to be an accountant, I could go to work with Dad all day?" I told him, yes, but I wouldn't recommend hanging out with his Dad...it's not very exciting. Trevor then asked me "Sooo...if I want to be a football player, do I just keep on doing what I'm doing?" I wasn't quite sure how to answer that! I finally told him that he might want to have a career to fall back on--just in case he got injured, or something.

I'm just wondering how many kids said they wanted to be a coach and wanted to head on over to Iowa Sate and hang out with Fred Hoiberg, Paul Rhoads or Bill Fennelly??

2 comments:

  1. I had one come and hang out with me! However, he told me he didn't really want to be a English teacher - more like a pilot - but he thought I'd be entertaining! I'm not quite sure how to take that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny! I wonder who it was?? Missed you yesterday...I told Ace that the gift was for you, but he opened it anyway. He did tell you there was a gift card included, didn't he?!

    ReplyDelete