Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Family Reunion

This past weekend, we went to Grinnell for a family reunion with my Mom's family. We try to do this every year and we look forward to catching up with everyone.

This is a picture of my parents and some of my aunts and uncles. Bob and Di on the left came from Sabula, Iowa. Alan and Judy in the middle came from Howell, Michigan. My parents, Marv and Ruth, are from Grinnell and are on the right. Of all of the living aunts and uncles, we were only missing one on this day.

This is the cousins...minus 2. My brother, Todd lives in Grinnell, then my cousins Kristi, Kim and Kelli. Kristi and Kelli live in the Sabula area, and Kim lives in Clinton. My cousin Kari came from Conroy. Then there is me, then my cousin Julie who came from Lindenhurst, Illinois. And last, but not least, my cousin Kurt was there from Washington, Iowa. My brother Kevin (from Urbandale) was missing, and so was my cousin Sharon. She lives in Lansing, Michigan.


And this is the cousin's kids. 2 were missing from Michigan and one was missing from Clinton, but this is all of the rest of them!

Everyone had such a great time visiting, and laughing and remembering all sorts of things....like those slumber parties on Grandma's floor. There were wall-to-wall sleeping bags! There was also bike riding, and all sorts of games going on--basketball, volleyball, football and baseball.
Trevor is getting pretty good at the picture taking thing. I just need to explain to him about how to use the zoom. But I don't think it's too bad considering he's only 6!!

The weather was great, the food was fabulous but nothing could beat the company and good conversation. Can't wait to see everyone again!

No comments:

Post a Comment