Monday, May 28, 2012

His Story Continues....

Todd got his test results back just a couple of days after his procedure at Mayo.  The hormone was indeed coming from his pituitary gland.  It seems weird to say, but that was good news!  We have an answer and we can start moving forward.

He is scheduled for surgery at Mayo this Thursday, May 31st.  This surgery will go through his nose and remove the tumor.  The actual procedure will last about 2 hours. When we were up in Rochester a couple of weeks ago, we met with his surgeon.  This counted as his consult so he won't need to do that again this week.  This doctor said that Mayo does more of these surgeries then any where else in the country.  I have always said that I wanted them to be very comfortable with this procedure, but not so comfortable that they aren't thinking about what they were doing! He had done 2 of these surgeries the day before we met with him, so we were comforted by experience!

I will not be going with him for this surgery, but I will be thinking about him and prayer about him non-stop.  I ask you to please do the same. He is one of my best friends and I wish that I was going!  I have been promised text message updates and if I don't I may have to come unleashed on someone! 

Thanks so much!  I hope that I will have some good news at the end of the week!
Love, Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment