Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Abby's Senior Dance Recital

Last Friday night, Abby had her senior dance recital in Grinnell. She has been dancing for 12 years, and I have only missed one recital--and that was the year that they lived in Michigan. I could always find her right away because she always had the biggest smile and she danced with such confidence. She was in a total of 9 dances this year, including her senior solo to the song "Express." She did GREAT! I was so proud of her all night long! 

Barb, Abby and Todd
The seniors and their parents are introduced at intermission.  This year there were 11 seniors.


Every year I would go the recital with my parents.  I always said that when she was a senior, I was taking my whole family with me.  This was the year!  This year the 3 boys, plus Keith, came and sat with me for the whole 3 hour recital.  They all said that they did enjoy it.  I think that it helped that this year's theme was "Rock the Stage" so there were songs that they recognized by performers like Adele and Lady Gaga.  I could even hear Trevor singing along quietly.  I made sure that they each had flowers to give her at the end.  Some friends of mine asked Jared how he liked it and he gave it raving reviews.  He kept telling them how awesome his cousin was!  I loved that he thought that much of his evening!
 

I had a big hug and flowers for her, too! 

Grandma and Papa Honold with Abby.  They haven't missed a recital, either.


Abby and her brother, Luke. 




I absolutely LOVE this picture of Abby and my brother.  He had not seen any of her dances before this night, and this is the first moment that they had together after it was over.  This is a picture of pure pride and pure love between a father and his daughter.
I LOVE IT! 


Todd and Abby.....2 of my favorite people! 


Abby, I have to admit that I am a bit sad that this is your last dance recital.  I have looked forward
to each and every one of them.  Nothing could keep me from coming! You always had the biggest
and brightest smile on the stage.  You danced with such confidence and always looked like you were having so much fun. I was always so proud of your performances.  I can't believe that it has
come to the end! What am I going to do next year?!  I am certainly going to be a little lost
without a recital to go to. 

I love you so very much!
Aunt Heidi
   


1 comment:

  1. What a beauty she is! I can just hear Jared raving about the recital :)

    ReplyDelete