Sunday, April 10, 2011

Iowa's Gold Star Military Museum

We went to Johnston one day during Spring Break and toured the Iowa Gold Star Military Museum. My brother volunteers there, so we met him and my parents there for a tour.

My brother, Kevin, with Trevor... A couple of my Muscle Men holding up the end of a helicopter. One highlight was looking in the para scope. You could see a long way around the area of Johnston.

I love the concentration.......and Trevor's squished nose.....

The boys also got to climb into a tank that was sitting inside. My favorite part of the day was when Cale stuck his head up through the turret and hit his head on the gun....twice! So, when he went to peek his head through for the 3rd. time he announced that he knew what he was doing this time and moved the gun out of the way. However, in doing so, he beamed Jared upside the head with the other end! All I heard was Jared: "Ouch!" I couldn't quit laughing about that all day. They were like a couple of stooges!! Naturally, Trevor wanted to peek his head through, too. Even standing on the seat, he was a little too short, so my Dad went in and helped lift him up. Papa to the rescue!! Ummm... did I mention that my dad is REALLY claustrophobic??? What Papa won't do for the boys! Jared thinking he was going to drive that thing out of there! Yikes!


It was a pretty interesting day! Thanks for the tour Uncle Kevin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment