Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fall Is Here...

Well, there is no denying it any more....fall is here. It's not that I don't like fall, it's that I LOVE summer. I really could handle fall better if it was followed by spring and we could just skip winter all together.

One of my very favorite things about fall is that it is harvest time. I love driving any where and looking across the fields to see all of the combines, tractors and trucks all hard at work. My Dad has worked at a John Deere dealer for as long as I can remember, so I always knew when it was "busy season." Keith grew up on a farm so he grew up in the thick of it, too. Keith's Dad quit farming a number of years ago, but Cale was able to enjoy harvest for a few years. He got to ride in the combine and then we'd put his car seat in the truck so he could ride to the elevator. He got to ride in "Grandma's Pick-up" (Keith's Grandma's pick-up had a topper on it) out to the field to take Daddy and Papa something to eat and then we'd picnic in the back end. What a great experience for a kid!! Keith's Dad quit farming before the other 2 boys could enjoy harvest, but they still like to visit the John Deere store with my Dad.

These pictures were taken exactly 5 years ago at my Aunt and Uncle's near Hampton Iowa. We took the kids up there on a Sunday afternoon and they got to ride in some of the equitpment up there.

This is Cale with my cousin, Alan...

Jared and Keith are with my cousin, Mark.....
Keith and Jared with Alan.....

I tried really hard to get a good picture of my boys in the corn field. Trevor was not enjoying the stalks that tickled his legs and he kept trying to walk away.



They really should've had long pants on. I can take the boys to the farm, but deep down they are still City Slickers......

No comments:

Post a Comment